Need your valuable inputs on this.
My Ex-Employer has deducted TDS of 63K form my pay but paid only 52K to Govt. The 11K difference is from Oct 2014 payslip. I have worked with that company only for 5 months.
I noticed this only while filing my ITR in 2016. Immediately I've informed the HR team and requested their action on it. After 3 months of follow ups, they called me and said that the 11K difference was wrong and they didn't deduct the TDS from my Oct Payslip. They even sent me an updated payslip which has no deduction. They even told me that I was wrong in saying that they deducted extra TDS. As soon as I saw the MANIPULATED payslip from them, I told him that I would like to take a legal approach fo which he said- DO WHAT YOU WANT claiming that the company did nothing wrong.
I have now cross checked and found 2 proofs.
1. The original payslip I had was correct.
2. My Bank statement shows the net pay as mentioned on my original payslip.
I called the HR to tell that I found the proofs. Now, the tone of the HR guy totally changed and is asking me to share the docs so that he can sort it out now.
Now, I would like to take a legal approach for 2 things.
1. They deducted the TDS from Employee and did NOT pay to the GOVT.
2. They made me wait for 3 months without any proper action on my request.
3. They MANIPULATED the payslip after such a long time to FOOL me.
Please share your inputs as I want to teach them a lesson.