Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi all, I am new to the forum, I have gone through few of the previous posts regarding home loan and HRA.

I have one rare problem, please let me know if any one of you have a best solution for this, which helps me clame both HRA and Home loan Interest.

1. I had booked an apartment in Bangalore (place where I stay) in 2005.

2. In April 2009 my apartment got completed and ready for position.

3. Since we had filed a Consumer court case against the builder claiming the delayed handover benefits, for which he denied and now turning down to give me the apartment, and even sent me a letter of cancelation of my apartment (which is a legal issue, not worried at this point )

4. Now I am staying in a rented accommodation and also paying the home loan Interest.

Is there a better way that I cam claim both, if so can you provide me the details.

There are way that u can claim both. But have to comly the conditions for the same.
1 option is that If u have place of employment beyond the city limits 50 k.m. where the house is located then u can claim both HRA and Dedcution on interest paid on housing loan.
2 option if u r married and ur spouse in also wokring then one should claim HRA and the other can claim deduction on interest on housing loan.
Warm Regards,

Ca Vikas L. Goel
Join my SMs chanel on income tax Its Free
<link outdated-removed>

In Maharshtra, what is the rates of Professional tax in Maharashtra ? Is senior cityzen, if emplyed, are exmpted from the P.T. ?
for state wise professional tax you can visit
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™