Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I worked as a consultant employee in the last financial year for which I received professional fee after deduction from the employer. As Iam not taxable I would like to claim a refund for the deduction. Could any please help me out with how do I refund it and which form is used to claim for refund when one earns a professional fee?
If you are working as an employee then TDS is deducted only when your salary is in more than exempted limit i,e.Rs 160000/- for F.Y.2009-10.
In that case you have to file Return in Form No ITR-1
In case you are acting in a professional capacity then TDS is deducted only when payment is more Than Rs 20000/- Then TDS is to be deducted @ 10%.
Thus in case filing of Return if you dont have PAN,apply for the same by filing application in Form No.49A.
If you are an employee then file Return In Form No ITR-1
If you are in profession,then file REturn in Form No. ITR-4
CA Ajay Kumar

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™