Manjunath.THi Sowmya, Deepti is right u can do thos 2 courses or any how u have done c a foundation u can continue c.a course also n there also u can work as consultant Regards Manju
SureshPJHi Sowmya Why dont you proceed with CA n do ur consultant business also. Regards Suresh PJ
From India , Madras
sanjayetcU CAN DO AMFI AND NCFM. AND FOR MORE EXPRIENCE JOIN ANY ASSEST MANAGEMENT COMPANY AS A TRAINEE.ALSO READ ECONOMIS TIMES ANS BUSINESS STANDARD NEWSPAPERS FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE. SANJAY SHARMA
Thanks for your kind sugesstions, Thanks so much as, Deepthi & Manjunath suggested , I would go for AMFI Tests. Today I searched the details for the same. As Suresh asked , I do not want to continue C.A coz it will take time to complete it.
The reason for my shifting to finance field is that I want to get self employed. Could you plz tell me that what are the chances of getting self employed after getting this certification! . Kindly suggest.
Thanks & Regards,
From India , Indore
deepthiIf u r more potential u can start stock brokering it is also type of self employment after getting sound knowledge u may give advices i.e., consultant
From India , Bangalore
You can go for MBA also, n can take benefit of subject waivers...
As I'm pursuing my MBA from ICFAI, I will like to tell you about some of the benefits of doing MBA from ICFAI University, the number 1 private university in India. It will save you time and money and will provide you with various options...
ICFAI offers more than 140 courses through distance learning.
Major features are:
1. ICFAI ranks first among the private universities.
2. ICFAI ranks 10th as per the outlook India survey 2006 among the Indian B-Schools.
3. ICFAI has foreign accreditations and collaborations.
4. The course materials are recognized by RBI (Reserve bank of India).
5. ICFAI is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) recently
6. ICFAI has centres all over India and exams can be given any where in India and even from abroad.
7. E-learning, communications and user convenience
8. ICFAI has experience of more than 12 years in providing MBA programs
9. Good Industry interface
10. Frequent updation of the syllabus based on the industry requirements
11. Placement scheme for executive mode programs with a minimum assured salary of Rs 21000 per month
12. Study materials along with workbooks and CDs which are user friendly and have modules of self evaluation
13. Offers MBA in 9 different streams even in distance learning mode: MARKETING, FINANCE, HRM, IT&SYSTEMS, BANKING, INSURANCE, OPERATIONS, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. INVESTMENTS
14. The study material is the same for all distance learning, Part-time and Full time MBA programs and hence the university does not mention the mode of learning in the certificate.
15. The exams are conducted on quarterly basis, in order to reduce the burden of office goers
16. Only two papers a quarter, this is optional. You can also appear for 4 papers
17. The degree awarded after the completion of the program is not a post graduate diploma but an MBA degree from ICFAI University.
18. Subject waiver based on your previous qualification.
19. The degree is provided in three successive periods as you give your exams
20. Diploma in Business Administration after completing 6 papers
21. Advanced diploma in business administration after completing the next 8 papers
22. MBA degree after completing the last 8 papers
23. This scheme adds value to your CV as you give your papers as above and you don't have to wait for the entire two years of the program
24. Training Classes also available.
25. Fees can be paid as lump sum or in 18 monthly instalments.
The best thing is u can continue ur work along with pursuing MBA. Symbi doesnt offer even half of these features... Symbi gives u diploma, not a degree, that you vil get from ICFAI, n the degree will not mention whether you did it as distance learning student or regular student, Symbi conducts exam once a year while ICFAI 4 times a year, no subject waivers based on previous qualifications, no guaranteed placement, no loan facility....
Hope u got which 1 is better???
I also have comparative slides between ICFAI, Symbi and some other colleges, if you want i can mail them...
If you want prospectus, contact me with your email ID...
Hope you like the features, if you have any query, please feel free to mail me...
From India , Madras
SHRIYA KARVEhELLO SANJAY, Will u pls let me know what exactly is AMFI AND NCFM? I 'm completely new to this field.. thanx in advance.
From India , Mumbai
pranav10180Go for AMFI exams......... Also read books for Financial derivatives i.e. future and option and also for Portfolio mgmt.
From India , Mumbai
khandelDear, not any alternate to CA or ICWA. If you wana to do self emplotment in investment consultant then with CA you should do fight AMFI test.
From India , Jaipur