The information needed for your project on M&A can be found on the finance portal www.investopedia.com
Kindly see the left-side of the page to find tutorials and then you will locate M&A in Advanced Tutorials.
I recommend you to follow the guidance note mentioned below-
- Meaning of Mergers,Acquisition, takeovers
- Strategy and Types of M&A Deals
- Financing the deal
- Brief Overview on Management Buyouts and Leveraged Buyouts
- Valuation Models
- Regulatory & taxation aspects in M&A ( SEBI Takeover Code, Competition Law)
- Case Study-- Tata-Corus, Jet-Sahara, Hindalco-Novelis, Ranbaxy-Daiichi
You may also want to research through industry reports published by KPMG and Mckinsey. These reports are industry focussed, and although they relate to lot of western markets, you may still pick up interesting material/ concepts from these. Refer their websites -you will have to sign up as a member first inorder to access these articles.
Try searching on google on ``M&A in steel sector``. For your info, corporate restructuring has been buzzword only after liberalisation. In fact, the MRTP Act prevented companies to undertake mergers & acquisitions.
Hope the above helps !! Revert in case of clarifications...
Davars` College/ KC College( Mumbai) 22nd August 2008 From India