PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I am Tejeswar Choudhury ,I have a question on my I.T Return .During the Financial year 2009-10, I worked in two companies,I did not declare any savings or House rent(self occupied) to both the companies.I got two Form-16 certificates where HRA & saving details not furnished.
Now can I show the HRA exemption claim in Annual Return ?.I know that saving can be shown in Return even not furnished in Form-16.Similarly can I show HRA in Return not been mentioned in Form 16 ?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Tejeswar Choudhary,
You are right that you can show your saving for the same period even if you have not furnished the same with your employer. But in case of HRA you can not claim the exemption unless you provide the necessary documents with your employer. Even if you try to claim that exemption in your Income Tax return, the Income Tax Officer will disallow the same as in their records it would not be availble.
Hope you understand it now. In case u have more query, you can ask the same in this forum.
Singh S
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™