Hi all,
One of our employee submitted the donation proof. He has donated in greenpeace indian society which is a charitable society. Donation amount is Rs.3000/-.
Can he get full amount exemption or 50% ?
Please let me know.

From India , Hyderabad
For this donation you must consult with the society in which your employee has donated. In that receipt also it must be mentioned about the Tax Exemption and its percentage. Please check and confirm.
From India , Hyderabad
Hi Bhaskar,
In receipt, it has mentioned that "Donation made to the Society are eligible for exemption u/s 80 G of Income Tax Act,1961.
But exempted percentage not mentioned.
Please help me out.

From India , Hyderabad
hello sarita normally the organisation receipt will clearly note if 100% rebate is available, the ones that do not mention normally give only 50% rebate. I have no experience with greenpeace .the best way is write to green peace. Regards
From India , Patna
If the percentage is not mentioned in the receipt means, it will be considered for 100% exemption under Section 80 G.
From India , Hyderabad
Hi Bhaskar, Did you see the answer posted by amit? He is telling that not mentioned in receipt means 50% exemption. Your post is contradictory to that. Now let me know the correct one. Thanks, Sarita
From India , Hyderabad
Dear Sarita
If the Donation Receipt mentions only about Exempted under Sec 80G means it is for 100%. If the donation is made to NGOs then obviously it will be for 50% only. If the donation given to the PM or CM Flood relief fund/drought relief fund and the organisation involved in Family Planning then it will be for 100%.
Hope this Income Tax for NGOs link will guide properly with illustration for 50%. Further you can also take guidance from Taxguru website Deduction under Section 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961 for donation in which the organisations which are entitled for 100% and 50%.

From India , Hyderabad
The Retake Mass Effect Child's Play donation drive was a pretty amazing thing, turning a sustained but otherwise relatively conventional
ATV Parts | ATV Accessories

From Pakistan , Lahore
As per my knowledge, while calculating TDS on salary of the employee, the employer should NOT give any deduction in respect of donation given by employee to a notified public charitable institute. This the employee shud claim at the time of filing of his/her Income Tax Return.
Mandeep Singh.

From India , Chandigarh
Hi Sarita You should not consider this donation however the employee can claim it directly while filing return. This is specifically mentioned under tax laws. Anil
From India , Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server