Recently one employee joined our company and he wants to continue his previous employer's pf a/c no. Can he do that? If yes what is the procedure to remit amount in that PF a/c? Please put stuff to my query.
From India , Hyderabad
Dear Sarita
Please instruct the employee to fill form 13 and collect his previous company's experience letter and joining letter for verification of is service and PF No. Forward the same to his previous employer for further submission to RPFO. The fund will get transferred into his new PF No.

From India , Hyderabad
Hi Bhaskar,
Thank you very much...
Can he continue the same pf a/c no.? This is the primary query.
From your stuff i undestood he has to fill form 13 for transferring his previous employers pf amount to our organization. Meanwhile he has to join our organization's pf fund by filling form 2.
So after being a part of our organization pf fund, he can transfer amount.
Is this the procedure? Please rectify me if i m wrong.

From India , Hyderabad
you can also provide the form 13 to new joined employee and ask him to be filled from previous employer and after that enter the his new pf account and again send it to privious employer for further submission.

The PF No is allotted by the company itself and not the PF Office.
The PF Office will allot a PF Code (Establishment Code) all the organisations. Then the Organisation will allot the PF Number to the employees in the Form 5 and further start deducting the PF from the Salary. If the same number being allotted then it can be coincidental and it cannot be possible because the PF Number must be serially numbered. In case of any blank numbers then it cannot be accepted by the PF Office.

From India , Hyderabad
Dear All,
Still my doubt not yet clarified. Please suggest me the solution for this.
I heard employees continue their previous employer's pf a/c no. Then how is it possible?
Please guide me in this regards.

From India , Hyderabad
Transfer of Provident Fund monies from previous employer to current employer

A resigned employee who joins another company is left with an option of transferring the PF monies from his previous PF account to the current PF account, by filling the Form 13.

Form 13

- When an employee joins new company and he wishes to transfer his previous company provident fund amount, he should inform the HR department or Accounts department of the new company.

- The employer will issue Form 13, in which the member has to fill the details of previous company like – name, address, provident fund account number and address of the provident fund office where the account was held.

- On form 13, the signature of the previous employer is not required.

- Once he fills the required details and submit it to the current employer, the current employer will forward it to the provident fund office for transferring process.

- The time taken for transferring the fund from one account to other account normally takes about 40 days from date of submission.

From India , New Delhi
Employee Provident fund (EPF) is an ideal investment option for any salaried individual, owing to its E-E-E (exempt-exempt-exempt) nature. This means investment in EPF, interest from EPF and withdrawal from EPF after 5 years is exempt. In this article, we will discuss how to do PF transfer online.
Once an individual starts his career by taking up employment in any of the PF registered organization, an employee would be registered for PF purpose and both employee and employer contributions to employee’s PF and the fund earns interest till withdrawal. Further, it is not uncommon especially in early or mid-years of the career, to switch job for various reasons with or without break. In such scenarios, what happens to the PF account of the employee already created with the previous employer?
The employee will have two options in such cases.
• Employee’s contribution with interest can be withdrawn if the employee continues to be on break for up to 60 days; or
• Transfer the balance to the current employer
As already mentioned, in order to make it an ideal saving for retirement it is always better to transfer the PF balance instead of withdrawing. This is also advisable from the tax standpoint as withdrawal of PF within 5 years of continuous service attracts tax.
Now we know that PF transfer can be made online and above criteria need to be fulfilled. Let us understand the procedure step by step with the help of screenshots:
Step 1: Login to Unified portal by using your credentials i.e., UAN number and password
Step 2: After login, click on ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’ under Online Services
Step 3 :Verify personal information and PF account for present employment
Step 4:PF account details of previous employment would appear on clicking on ‘Get details’ below.
Step 5:You have the option of choosing either your previous employer or current employer for attesting the claim form based on the availability of authorized signatory holding DSC. Choose either of the employers and provide member id/UAN
Step 6:In the next step, click on ‘Get OTP’ to receive OTP to UAN registered mobile number and enter the OTP and click on submit.
The employer will digitally approve your EPF transfer request by accessing employer interface of the unified portal.

From India,
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™