Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I had query for following;
1. Can we transfer an employee of a contractor to another city outside the state? I am the principal employer & want to relocate to another state the contractor employee.
2.can contractor employee union prevent this?
3.what if the employee refuses to go? Can they approach the labour court?

My opinion is as follows:

1) First of all, you would need to refer the contract agreement, if that provision exists there in the agreement.

If not, you don't have the power to transfer the contractor's employee outside the place for which the contractor has provided a particular employee against his will. You can however contact the contractor to make his placement at your desired place. Even otherwise also, it is not advisable to directly get involved with the service matters of a contractor-provided employee without involving the contractor, as any such action on your part can the employee a liberty to claim benefits of regular employees from your organisation and on denial he can drag the principal employer in to the labour court or a court of law.

2) Contractor employees union can resist and prevent transfer, if not provided in the contract agreement.

3) Definitely the contractor's employee has the right to refuse to go on transfer and can approach labour court also, if not within the scope of contract agreement.

SO, all that depends upon the contract agreement entered in to with your contractor.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™