NISM-Series-VII: Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination (SORM)
Frequently Asked Questions about NISM Series 7 SORM Exam
What is the objective of this Exam?
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark as the requisite standard for associated persons of a registered stock-broker / trading member / clearing member in recognized stock exchanges, involved in
(a) Assets or funds of investor or clients
(b) Redressal of investor grievances,
(c) Internal control or risk management
(d) Activities having a bearing on operational risk.
Who can write / should write this exam?
• Approved users (Dealers) of the trading member of a Registered Stock Broker or Trading Member or Clearing Member of a recognized stock exchange.
• Employees of Stock Brokers and Sub-Brokers in Capital Market Segment
• Students of all discipline but would be most useful to MBA Finance, B.Com, M.Com, Lecturers, and Professors etc.
• Anybody having interest in the Capital Market Segment
Importance of NISM SORM
Stock-broker/trading member/clearing member shall ensure that all persons associated with it and carrying on any activity specified above shall obtain valid certification before December 10 2012.
Most of the Stock Broking Entities have started recruiting candidates with NISM SORM Certificate in order to fulfill their regulatory compliance.
What kind of topics is covered in the syllabus?
• Basics of the Indian securities market, the different products traded and the various market participants and the respective roles they play in the Indian securities market.
• Understand the regulatory framework and the role of the Securities Exchange Board of India.
• Know the various functions of the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office in a Securities Broking Firm.
• Understand the trade life cycle, the steps and participants involved in the trade life cycle and the role of the back office in a securities broking firm.
• Understand how the risks are managed in a securities broking firm, the clearing and settlement process.
• Understand the process of investor grievances redressal.
Unit 1: Introduction to Securities Markets 5%
Unit 2: Market Participants in the Securities Markets 10%
Unit 3: Introduction to Securities Broking Operations 20%
Unit 4: Risk Management 15%
Unit 5: Clearing Process 15%
Unit 6: Settlement Process 15%
Unit 7: Investor Grievances and Arbitration 10%
Unit 8: Other Services Provided by Brokers 10%
Assessment Structure: Exam Pattern
DURATION 120 Minutes
NO. OF QUESTIONS 100
MAXIMUM MARKS 100
PASS MARK 50
NEGATIVE MARK 25% FOR WRONG ANSWERS
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY 3 YEARS
EXAM FEES Rs 1000/-
Whether furnishing PAN Number is mandatory?
Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Where to take Mock Test for NISM SORM?
You can take Mock Test for NISM SORM at NISM Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination (SORM), NISM Series VII (7)
Is there any Study Notes which contains important points and tips for the exam?
Yes Online Mock Test for NISM, CPFA, BCFM, NCFM Modules Certifications, latest question bank, Have a real exam feel has uploaded NISM SORM Study Notes which contains of 20 pages. All important points are covered in the study notes.
Is this study notes same as NISM Work Book?
NO. NISM Work Book is issued to those who have paid exam fees. Our study notes is based on NISM Workbook but participants are advised to read Workbook also.
How to register?
You can register for NISM Series VII SORM Exam through NISM or NSE or BSE Website.
NISM Circular Link
SEBI Notification on NISM-Series-VII:Securities Operations and Risk Management Examination dated Dec. 10, 2010
20th December 2012 From India , Madras
Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips.
All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.